Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University

DAC Collection Object Information

record 1 of 1

View of the Remains of the Dining Room of the Golden House of Nero, Commonly Called the Temple of Peace (Veduta degli avanzi del Tablino Casa Aurea di Nerono, detti volgarmente il Tempio della Pace),

From Views of Rome Drawn and Etched by Giambattista Piranesi, Venetian Architect (Vedute di Roma disegnate ed incise da Giambattista Piranesi Architetto Ve[nez]iano)

Etching on laid paper

Fourth of six states

Dimensions (Plate): 456 x 549 mm (18 x 21.6 in.)

Signed, lower right: “Piranesi Architetto fec.”

Edition: First Paris edition, 1800–1807

Accession number: 1973.D1.92

Gift of George W. Davison (B.A. Wesleyan 1892), before 1953

Bibliography: 1792 cat. no. 86; Focillon 813; Hind 45; Wilton-Ely 161 and p. 204 with remark: “Initially entitled Vedute degli avanzi del Tempio della Pace. Actually the Basilica of Maxentius and Constantine.”

Work Type: print

Keywords: Click a term to find other records with the same keyword.


http://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/obj10944 is a persistent link to this page with no user-session information.

Featured Image Groups

Rembrandt
Image from Rembrandt holdings
All Rembrandt Holdings

Dürer
Image from Durer holdings
All Dürer with Images

Delacroix
Image from Faust
Faust

Goya
Image from Los Caprichos
Los Caprichos

Goltzius
Image from Metamorphoses
Metamorphoses