Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University

DAC Collection Object Information

record 1 of 1

View of the Remains of the Side Colonnade of the Temple of Antoninus Pius, Now the Customs House (Veduta dell’ avanzo laterale del Portico che circondava la Cella del Tempio di Antonino Pio, inoggi la Dogana di Terra),

From Roman Antiquities (Le Antichità Romane)

Etching

Dimensions (Plate): 120 x 205 mm (4.7 x 8.1 in.)

Signed in plate, lower right

Accession number: Retrospective TBD

Gift of George W. Davison (B.A. Wesleyan 1892)

Bibliography: Focillon 168; Petrucci (1953) 13, fig. 2; Wilton-Ely 303 and p. 353 with remark: “Actually the Temple of the Divine Hadrian, now the Roman Stock Exchange.”

Work Type: print

Keywords: Click a term to find other records with the same keyword.


http://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/obj11074 is a persistent link to this page with no user-session information.

Featured Image Groups

Rembrandt
Image from Rembrandt holdings
All Rembrandt Holdings

Dürer
Image from Durer holdings
All Dürer with Images

Delacroix
Image from Faust
Faust

Goya
Image from Los Caprichos
Los Caprichos

Goltzius
Image from Metamorphoses
Metamorphoses