Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University

DAC Collection Object Information

record 1 of 1

Part of the Subterranean Cellars of the Capitoline Hill, Which Were Called the “Favissae” in Antiquity… (Pars cellarum subterranearum Capitolii, quae antiquitus dicebantur Favissae),

From The Campus Martius of Ancient Rome, the Work of G. B. Piranesi, Fellow of the Royal Society of Antiquaries, London (Il Campo Marzio dell’ Antica Roma, Opera di G. B. Piranesi socio della reale società degli antiquari di Londra)

Etching

Dimensions (Plate): 395 x 280 mm (15.6 x 11 in.)

Signed in title plate, lower right

Accession number: Retrospective TBD

Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892)

Bibliography: Focillon 457; Petrucci (1953) 440; Wilton-Ely 588.

Work Type: print

Keywords: Click a term to find other records with the same keyword.


http://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/obj11327 is a persistent link to this page with no user-session information.

Featured Image Groups

Rembrandt
Image from Rembrandt holdings
All Rembrandt Holdings

Dürer
Image from Durer holdings
All Dürer with Images

Delacroix
Image from Faust
Faust

Goya
Image from Los Caprichos
Los Caprichos

Goltzius
Image from Metamorphoses
Metamorphoses