Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University

DAC Collection Object Information

record 1 of 1

The Remaining Part of the Porticoes and Vaults Which Supported the Banks of Seating in the So-Called Circus Agonalis or Circus of Alexander Severus (Pars residua porticuum, et concamerationum quae sustinebant gradus spectaculorum Circi, Agonalis nuncupati, sive Alexandri Severi),

From The Campus Martius of Ancient Rome, the Work of G. B. Piranesi, Fellow of the Royal Society of Antiquaries, London (Il Campo Marzio dell’ Antica Roma, Opera di G. B. Piranesi socio della reale società degli antiquari di Londra)

Etching

Dimensions (Plate): 200 x 400 mm (7.9 x 15.7 in.)

Signed in plate, lower right

Accession number: Retrospective TBD

Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892)

Bibliography: Focillon 467; Petrucci (1953) 449a; Wilton-Ely 597 and p. 653 with remark: “Today incorporated into the Piazza Navona.”

Work Type: print

Keywords: Click a term to find other records with the same keyword.


http://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/obj11335 is a persistent link to this page with no user-session information.

Featured Image Groups

Rembrandt
Image from Rembrandt holdings
All Rembrandt Holdings

Dürer
Image from Durer holdings
All Dürer with Images

Delacroix
Image from Faust
Faust

Goya
Image from Los Caprichos
Los Caprichos

Goltzius
Image from Metamorphoses
Metamorphoses