Photo Credit: photo: M. Johnston
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/10876
The Skeletonsca. 1745
391 x 547 mm (15.4 x 21.5 in.)
Giovanni Battista Piranesi, Italian, (1720–1778)
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- human body - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm005208
- Italy - TGN 1000080
- Rome - TGN 7000874 (standard English name used here for this well-known city)
- skeletons - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm009676
- plate Dimensions: 391 x 547 mm (15.4 x 21.5 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .