Another View of the Same Altar in Perspective between a Multistemmed Bronze Lamp and a Smaller Lamp of Bronze
No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/11552
Another View of the Same Altar in Perspective between a Multistemmed Bronze Lamp and a Smaller Lamp of Bronze18th century
450 x 505 mm (17.7 x 19.9 in.)
Giovanni Battista Piranesi, Italian, (1720–1778)
Object Type: print
Medium and Support: Etching
Series: from Vasi, Candelabri, Cippi, Sarcofagi, Tripodi, Lucerne, ed Ornamenti Antichi Disegn. ed Incisi dal Cav. Gio. Batta. Piranesi
Marks: Signed in plate on a scroll, lower left
Bibliography: Focillon 630; Petrucci (1953) 538; Wilton-Ely 917 and p. 995 for remarks.
Credit Line: Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892)
Accession Number: Retrospective TBD
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- altars - Use for constructions upon which religious sacrifice is offered. Includes both small, tablelike fixtures and larger, free-standing, outdoor structures. For the surface at which communion is celebrated in Protestant churches, use "communion tables." [September 1993 related term added. March 1993 descriptor moved. October 1991 scope note changed.]
- lamps (lighting devices) - Lighting devices having a vessel to contain the source of illumination, such as grease or oil; also those that have a separate energy source to which they are connected, such as gas or electricity.
- ornament - Decorative forms that are an integral part of a building or object but are not essential to its structure. Regarding techniques of embellishment in general, use "decoration (process)." [November 1990 descriptor moved.]
- perspective - Use for any graphic method concerned with conveying an impression of depth or for representation by means of geometric projection using one or more vanishing points.
- plate Dimensions: 450 x 505 mm (17.7 x 19.9 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available