No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/11753
New York Beggars (New York Bettler)1974
430 x 610 mm (16.9 x 24 in.)
Sigmar Polke, German, (1941–2010)
Object Type: print
Medium and Support: Color offset photolithograph printed in four colors after photographs taken by the artist on Schoeller-Turm board
Print impression quality: Good
Edition: Number 19 from edition of 100 color offset photolithographs after photographs taken by the artist; published by Edition Staeck (Heidelberg, Germany).
Marks: Signed in pencil, lower right: “S. Polke”
Marks: Watermark: No watermark
Bibliography: Becker and von der Osten no. 40.
Credit Line: Friends of the Davison Art Center funds, 2001
Accession Number: 2001.19.1
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- beggars - Those who subsist by asking for alms. WCOL9 [December 1992 alternate term added. December 1990 descriptor added.]
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- social classes - Levels in human populations distinguished by degree of wealth or privilege, modes of labor, way of life, or other social, economic, or cultural factors. TSIT [May 1994 related term added. April 1993 lead-in term deleted, was 'social stratification'; lead-in term deleted, was 'class differences'. May 1991 descriptor moved.]
- image Dimensions: 430 x 610 mm (16.9 x 24 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available