Ragged Peasant with His Hands behind Him, Holding a Stick
Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/12015
Ragged Peasant with His Hands behind Him, Holding a Stick1630
92 x 67 mm (3.6 x 2.6 in.)
Rembrandt van Rijn, Dutch, (1606–1669)
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- hands - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm004865
- human body - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm005208
- peasants - Use for free people who support themselves by tilling the soil, either as small landholders or hired laborers. For the social class comprised of these people, use "peasantry." For those in a condition of servitude under feudalism, owing services to a lord and commonly attached to the lord's land, use "serfs." [December 1992 descriptor added.]
- plate Dimensions: 92 x 67 mm (3.6 x 2.6 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .