The Artist Drawing from a Model
Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/12017
The Artist Drawing from a Modelca. 1639 (possibly printed later)
233 x 181 mm (9.2 x 7.1 in.)
Rembrandt van Rijn, Dutch, (1606–1669)
- artist portraits
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- models (people)
- nudes - Representations of unclothed human figures. [February 1998 related term added, "nudity"; alternate descriptor changed, was "nude". September 1990 descriptor added.]
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness; for representations of fictional or mythological characters, use "figures (representations)." [March 1993 lead-in term added. April 1991 descriptor m
- unfinished works of art - LCSH Link
- plate Dimensions: 233 x 181 mm (9.2 x 7.1 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Rembrandt van Rijn, Dutch, (1606–1669) . The Artist Drawing from a Model, ca. 1639 (possibly printed later). Etching, drypoint, and engraving on laid paper. Second of two states. plate : 233 x 181 mm (9.2 x 7.1 in.). Sheet : 250 x 198 mm (9.8 x 7.8 in.). DAC accession number 1958.38.1. Purchase funds, 1958. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Your search criteria: Objects is "The Artist Drawing from a Model".View current selection of records as: