No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/12080
Heidelberg Castleca. 1873
272 x 205 mm (10.7 x 8.1 in.)
Franz Richard, German or Swiss
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Albumen print
Marks: Embossed with blindstamp on mount, lower center: “Franz Richard/Hof Photograph Heidelberg”; inscribed in ink on verso, upper left: “Heidelberg Castle / Hill Bridge 72. Oct.10./73”
Bibliography: Note (57), (58), (59), (60), (66), (67)1, (122)2; McBride, Towns and People of Modern Germany, p. 67; Deutschland, p. 180; Laughlin, So You're Going to Germany, Old German Architecture, Austria, title page.
Credit Line: Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983
Accession Number: 19188.8.131.52
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- castles - Use for buildings or groups of buildings intended primarily to serve as a fortified residence of a prince or nobleman. AVERY
- Germany - TGN 7000084 ("state" carried for all German states to avoid ambiguities, e.g. re: “Berlin”)
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- travel photography
- image Dimensions: 272 x 205 mm (10.7 x 8.1 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available
Franz Richard, German or Swiss . Heidelberg Castle, ca. 1873. Albumen print. image : 272 x 205 mm (10.7 x 8.1 in.). DAC accession number 19184.108.40.206. Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983.
Your search criteria: Objects is "Heidelberg Castle".View current selection of records as: