Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/12504
Portrait of the Viennese Actor Josef Kainz in the role of “Hamlet”ca. 1890-1910
Ferdinand Schmutzer the younger, Austrian, (1870–1928)
- actors - Persons who portray roles in dramatic productions to interpret character or present characterization to an audience. DOT [February 1993 lead-in term added. November 1992 alternate term added.]
- Hamlet (character) - The character; see also the literary works term for the play.
- Hamlet (play) - The play; see also the literary figure term for the character.
- literature (writings)
- male portraits
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness; for representations of fictional or mythological characters, use "figures (representations)." [March 1993 lead-in term added. April 1991 descriptor m
- Shakespeare (William) - LC n 78095332: Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616
- theater (discipline) - Use for the professionally oriented study of theater, involving training, practice, and study in the processes of doing theater. For the academically oriented study of theater, use "drama." [August 1995 descriptor changed, was "theater". April 1993 related term added.]
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .