Woman Selling Vegetables with Donkey
No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1287
Woman Selling Vegetables with Donkeyca. 1886
99 x 137 mm (3.9 x 5.4 in.)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Albumen print
Marks: Inscribed on mount, lower center: title; on print, upper left: identification number or letter
Provenance / Collectors' Marks: From an unidentified collector’s collection of 41 images of “Mexican Indian Types” and views of Mexico.
Bibliography: Roberston, Iturbide of Mexico; Alba, The Mexicans; McNeer, The Mexican Story; Carson, Mexico; Linati, Trajes Civiles, Militares y Religiosos de Mexico.
Credit Line: Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983
Accession Number: 19126.96.36.199
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
agriculture*, animals*, business*, donkeys, food*, genre*, labor*, Latin America*, Mexico*, travel photography, vegetables, vendors*
- agriculture - Science or art of cultivating the soil, harvesting crops, and raising livestock. W [April 1996 descriptor moved. November 1995 related term added. July 1993 descriptor moved. February 1991 alternate term added.]
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- business - Use for the broad area of commercial or mercantile activity involving the exchange of commodities, services, or financial resources. W [February 1993 related term added. February 1991 descriptor moved. January 1991 scope note changed.]
- food - Use for any material that can be digested or absorbed by the body of a human or other animal and used as a source of energy or some essential nutrient, to build and replace tissue, or to relieve hunger. [April 1995 descriptor changed, was "foodstuff"; lead-in terms added.]
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- labor - Usage in the sense of physical work
- Latin America - TGN 4006155 (general region)
- Mexico - TGN 7005560
- travel photography
- vendors - Use for persons or agencies who offer goods for sale, especially those who create, market, and sell computers, software, automated systems, databases, and services. [December 1992 alternate term added.]
- image Dimensions: 99 x 137 mm (3.9 x 5.4 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available
Anonymous, . Woman Selling Vegetables with Donkey, ca. 1886. Albumen print. image : 99 x 137 mm (3.9 x 5.4 in.). DAC accession number 19188.8.131.52. Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983.
Your search criteria: Objects is "Woman Selling Vegetables with Donkey".View current selection of records as: