Old Cedars on the Coast of Maine
Photo Credit: photo: M. Cook
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/12916
Old Cedars on the Coast of Maine1880
126 x 176 mm (5 x 6.9 in.)
James David Smillie, American, (1833–1909)
- Maine - TGN 7007515
- marine views - Use For Term
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- New York Etching Club members
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- plate Dimensions: 126 x 176 mm (5 x 6.9 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Cook) .
James David Smillie, American, (1833–1909) . Old Cedars on the Coast of Maine, 1880. Etching and roulette on laid paper. plate : 126 x 176 mm (5 x 6.9 in.). Sheet : 233 x 312 mm (9.2 x 12.3 in.). DAC accession number 1984.29.157. Gift of Juwil C. and Virgil W. Topazio (BA Wesleyan 1943), 1984. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Cook) .
Your search criteria: Objects is "Old Cedars on the Coast of Maine".View current selection of records as: