Castle of Chillon, Switzerland
No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/13047
Castle of Chillon, Switzerlandca. 1870-1880
196 x 255 mm (7.7 x 10 in.)
Giorgio Sommer, Italian or German, (1834–1914)
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- castles - Use for buildings or groups of buildings intended primarily to serve as a fortified residence of a prince or nobleman. AVERY
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- Switzerland - TGN 7011731
- travel photography
- image Dimensions: 196 x 255 mm (7.7 x 10 in.)
No open access image available
Giorgio Sommer, Italian or German, (1834–1914) . Castle of Chillon, Switzerland, ca. 1870-1880. Albumen print. image : 196 x 255 mm (7.7 x 10 in.). DAC accession number 1983.34.32. Gift of Dr. Robert L. Drapkin, 1983.
Your search criteria: Objects is "Castle of Chillon, Switzerland".View current selection of records as: