Photo Credit: photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/13129
275 x 275 mm (10.8 x 10.8 in.)
Harry Sternberg, American, (1904–2001)
Object Type: print
Medium and Support: Screenprint printed in colors on Mansfield laid paper
Print impression quality: Very good
Edition: Edition of 30. This was the artist’s first screenprint.
Marks: Signed in pencil in artist’s hand, lower center: “To Jeanne and Bob - From Mary and Harry Sternberg 1940”
Marks: Watermark: Mansfield
Bibliography: James Moore, Harry Sternberg, A Catalogue Raisonné of His Graphic Work (Wichita, KS: Wichita State University, 1975), cat. no. 126; Helen Langa, Radical Art: Printmaking and the Left in 1930s New York (Berkeley, CA: University of California Press, 2004), fig. 33.
Credit Line: Friends of the Davison Art Center funds, 1990
Accession Number: 1990.28.2
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- circular images
- labor - Usage in the sense of physical work
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- skyscrapers - Use for exceptionally tall buildings of skeletal frame construction.
- image Dimensions: 275 x 275 mm (10.8 x 10.8 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available