Gideon Choosing His Soldiers
No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/13335
Gideon Choosing His Soldiers1613
201 x 283 mm (7.9 x 11.1 in.)
Antonio Tempesta, Italian, (1555–1630)
- battles - Use for individual instances of armed conflict between two or more groups. [September 1993 related terms added. December 1992 scope note added. November 1990 descriptor added.]
- Old Testament
- religious art - Use broadly for art depicting religious subjects or for art used in worship. [September 1993 descriptor added.]
- series (groups) - Use for related publications issued successively, especially those bearing a collective as well as an individual title; and, in the visual arts, for groups of works by a single artist having a specific and purposeful relation among the works. [March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'series'; alternate term added; descriptor moved. January 1991 scope note added.]
- soldiers - Use generally for those belonging to an army, whether that of a sovereign state, a faction or division within a sovereign state, or of an individual leader. Use also specifically for military personnel of enlisted rank, as distinguished from commissioned officers. For those trained for or engaged in the physical combat of warfare and sanctioned in that function by the society or group for which they fight, irrespective of actual membership in an army, use "warriors." [November 1997 scope note changed; related term added. November 1996 related term deleted, was "knights (landholders)". February 1993 scope note changed; descriptor moved. December 1992 related terms added; alternate term added. November 1990 descriptor added.]
- war - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm011468
- plate Dimensions: 201 x 283 mm (7.9 x 11.1 in.)
No open access image available
Antonio Tempesta, Italian, (1555–1630) . Gideon Choosing His Soldiers, 1613. From Biblical Battles. Etching on white laid paper. plate : 201 x 283 mm (7.9 x 11.1 in.). Sheet : 273 x 283 mm (10.7 x 11.1 in.). DAC accession number 19126.96.36.199. Olin Library transfer, 1957.
Your search criteria: Objects is "Gideon Choosing His Soldiers".View current selection of records as: