Photo Credit: photo: M. Johnston
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/13399
Arms of Carl Philipp von Greiffenflau, Prince-Bishop of Wurzburg1750-1753
189 x 238 mm (7.4 x 9.4 in.)
Giovanni Domenico Tiepolo, Italian, (1727–1804)
- coats of arms - Use for devices that include the full display of armorial bearings: the escutcheon plus its adjuncts (helm, crest, mantling, motto, supporters). [November 1992 descriptor moved.]
- frontispieces (illustrations) - Use for illustrations on the first page of a book, usually facing the title page. MEGGS
- New Testament
- religious art - Use broadly for art depicting religious subjects or for art used in worship. [September 1993 descriptor added.]
- series (groups) - Use for related publications issued successively, especially those bearing a collective as well as an individual title; and, in the visual arts, for groups of works by a single artist having a specific and purposeful relation among the works. [March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'series'; alternate term added; descriptor moved. January 1991 scope note added.]
- plate Dimensions: 189 x 238 mm (7.4 x 9.4 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .