Untitled, “For Puffin”
No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/13551
Untitled, “For Puffin”1998-1999
190 x 240 mm (7.5 x 9.4 in.)
Philip Trager, American, b. born 1935
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print with selenium toning on Ilford fiber photographic paper
Print impression quality: Excellent
Series: from portfolio 11 x 11 x 11 for Puffin
Edition: Number 3 from edition of 25 printed by the artist for the portfolio “11 x 11 x 11 for Puffin” of 11 works, each 11 by 11 inches. 25 portfolios were produced. Ten were made available for purchase, with the proceeds to fund DAC acquisitions in honor of Curator Emerita Ellen G. D’Oench, known to her friends as “Puffin.” The portfolio was produced by Professor of Art David Schorr with partial funding support from Wesleyan University President Douglas Bennet and Dean of the Arts and Humanities Michael Roberts. It includes display type hand set at Wesleyan and text composed in monotype by Michael Bixler (Skaneateles, New York). The letterpress printing was done at Wesleyan by David Schorr.
Marks: Signed in pencil, lower right: “Philip Trager”; numbered, lower left: “2/25”
Marks: Watermark: No watermark
Provenance / Collectors' Marks: Collection of the artist
Credit Line: Gift of the artist in honor of Ellen G. D’Oench (BA Wesleyan 1973, Trustee 1977–1979, DAC Curator 1979–1998), 1999
Accession Number: 1999.25.11
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
Alsop House, architecture*, Connecticut*, Connecticut artists, houses*, New England*, Northeastern United States*, Wesleyan University, Wesleyan University alumni artists
- Alsop House
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- Connecticut - TGN 7007159
- Connecticut artists
- houses - Individual dwellings designed to be occupied by a single tenant or family. [July 1995 descriptor moved. March 1995 scope note added. November 1992 related term added.]
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- Wesleyan University
- Wesleyan University alumni artists
Location Latitude: American, Longitude: D'Oench
- image Dimensions: 190 x 240 mm (7.5 x 9.4 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available