The Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue, Southwest Corner of Central Park West and Seventieth Street
No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/13673
The Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue, Southwest Corner of Central Park West and Seventieth Streetca. 1977-1979
139 x 108 mm (5.5 x 4.3 in.)
Philip Trager, American, b. born 1935
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Series: from project Philip Trager: New York
Provenance / Collectors' Marks: Collection of the artist
Bibliography: Philip Trager, Philip Trager: New York (Middletown, CT: Wesleyan University Press, 1980), p. 25.
Credit Line: Gift of Ina and Philip S. Trager (BA Wesleyan 1956, DFA 2008), 2009
Accession Number: 2009.1.77
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
architecture*, Connecticut artists, Judaism, New York City*, Northeastern United States*, religions, religious buildings, synagogues, Wesleyan University alumni artists
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- Connecticut artists
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- religious buildings
- Wesleyan University alumni artists
- image Dimensions: 139 x 108 mm (5.5 x 4.3 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available