Commercial Building, East Main Street, Meriden
No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/13797
Commercial Building, East Main Street, Meridenca. 1974-1976
163 x 253 mm (6.4 x 10 in.)
Philip Trager, American, b. born 1935
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Series: from project Photographs of Architecture
Provenance / Collectors' Marks: Collection of the artist
Bibliography: Philip Trager, Philip Trager Photographs of Architecture (Middletown, CT: Wesleyan University Press, 1977), plate 6.
Credit Line: Gift of Ina and Philip S. Trager (BA Wesleyan 1956, DFA 2008), 2009
Accession Number: 2009.1.16
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
architecture*, business*, Connecticut*, Connecticut artists, New England*, Northeastern United States*, Wesleyan University alumni artists
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- business - Use for the broad area of commercial or mercantile activity involving the exchange of commodities, services, or financial resources. W [February 1993 related term added. February 1991 descriptor moved. January 1991 scope note changed.]
- Connecticut - TGN 7007159
- Connecticut artists
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- Wesleyan University alumni artists
- image Dimensions: 163 x 253 mm (6.4 x 10 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available