Davison Art Center, Sun and Shadow: Detail of Gallery Exterior
No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/13875
Davison Art Center, Sun and Shadow: Detail of Gallery Exterior1981
255 x 330 mm (10 x 13 in.)
Philip Trager, American, b. born 1935
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Series: from Wesleyan Sesquicentennial portfolio
Edition: Commissioned by the University’s Board of Trustees in November 1980, the Wesleyan Sesquicentennial portfolio consists of images of campus subjects
Marks: Signed in pencil, lower right: “Philip Trager”
Provenance / Collectors' Marks: Collection of the artist
Bibliography: See Philip Trager, Wesleyan Photographs (Middletown, CT: Wesleyan University Press, 1982).
Credit Line: Gift of the artist (BA Wesleyan 1956, DFA 2008), 1981
Accession Number: 19126.96.36.199
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
architecture*, art galleries*, Connecticut*, Connecticut artists, Middletown*, New England*, Northeastern United States*, schools*, shadows, Wesleyan University, Wesleyan University alumni artists
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- art galleries - Use only for stores in which works of art are displayed for sale.
- Connecticut - TGN 7007159
- Connecticut artists
- Middletown - TGN 7014047
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- schools - Individual buildings or groups of buildings designed or used as places of instruction. [June 1998 lead-in terms added, "educational building", "building, educational", "school building", "building, school", "educational facility", "facility, educ
- Wesleyan University
- Wesleyan University alumni artists
- image Dimensions: 255 x 330 mm (10 x 13 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available