Mohammedan Rider with Sabre and Pistol
Photo Credit: photo: M. Johnston
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/14203
Mohammedan Rider with Sabre and Pistolearly 19th century
383 x 490 mm (15.1 x 19.3 in.)
Carle Vernet (aka Antoine Charles Horace Vernet), French, (1758–1836)
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- early lithography
- firearms - Use generally for weapons using the power of exploding gunpowder to propel a projectile. POLLAR
- horseback riding - Riding on horseback. [February 1994 descriptor added.]
- lithography - Planographic printing process in which a design is deposited on the stone or plate with a greasy substance and the surface is chemically treated to accept ink only in the greasy areas. [August 1996 alternate term added. March 1995 related term added. January 1993 related terms added. October 1991 scope note changed; descriptor moved.]
- Napoleonic era
- Orientalism - Characteristics of oriental art or culture appearing in Western practice. W
- weapons - Implements or mechanisms used for defense or attack in combat, hunting, or war.
- image Dimensions: 383 x 490 mm (15.1 x 19.3 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Your search criteria: Objects is "Mohammedan Rider with Sabre and Pistol".View current selection of records as: