World’s Fair Dump, New York World’s Fair
Photo Credit: copy photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/14437
World’s Fair Dump, New York World’s Fair1941
Harvey Allen Weber, American, (1917–1991)
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- expositions - LCSH Link
- fairs - Use for exhibitions in which different exhibitors participate to publicize and promote their products, services, or activities, sometimes though not necessarily involving buying and selling, and often combined with entertainment. For meetings of buyers and sellers at stated times and places for the purpose of trade, use "markets (events)." [April 1996 scope note added; related term added. May 1991 alternate term added.]
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- Wesleyan University alumni artists
No open access image available
Harvey Allen Weber, American, (1917–1991) . World’s Fair Dump, New York World’s Fair, 1941. Gelatin silver print. : mm (in.). DAC accession number 1984.18.9. Gift of the artist (BA Wesleyan 1938), 1984. (copy photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Objects is "World’s Fair Dump, New York World’s Fair".View current selection of records as: