Vermont Sleigh Ride
Photo Credit: copy photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/14472
Vermont Sleigh Ride1984
Harvey Allen Weber, American, (1917–1991)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Marks: Most prints in this group are inscribed in pencil by the photographer with title and date and have studio stamp
Credit Line: Gift of the artist (BA Wesleyan 1938), 1984
Accession Number: 1984.18.44
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
animals*, landscapes (representations)*, New England*, Northeastern United States*, Vermont*, Wesleyan University alumni artists
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- Vermont - TGN 7007828
- Wesleyan University alumni artists
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available