No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/15586
371 x 458 mm (14.6 x 18 in.)
Philip Trager, American, b. born 1935
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Series: from project New Haven [unpublished]
Marks: Signed in pencil on verso, center: “Philip Trager”; inscribed in pencil on verso, lower left: “New Haven”; inscribed in pencil on verso, lower right: “1983”
Provenance / Collectors' Marks: Collection of the artist
Bibliography: Unpublished work; for general information on the artist’s work, see Barbara Michaels, et al., Philip Trager [retrospective catalog] (Göttingen, Germany: Steidl; [Middletown, CT]: Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University; [Oberlin, OH]: Allen Memorial Art Museum, Oberlin College, 2006).
Credit Line: Gift of Ina and Philip S. Trager (BA Wesleyan 1956, DFA 2008), 2009
Accession Number: 2009.22.236
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
architecture*, Connecticut*, Connecticut artists, New England*, Northeastern United States*, Wesleyan University alumni artists
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- Connecticut - TGN 7007159
- Connecticut artists
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- Wesleyan University alumni artists
- image Dimensions: 371 x 458 mm (14.6 x 18 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available