Glen Ellis Falls, Pinkham Notch, N.H.
No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1559
Glen Ellis Falls, Pinkham Notch, N.H.ca. 1900-1920
234 x 187 mm (9.2 x 7.4 in.)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Credit Line: Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983
Accession Number: 19188.8.131.523
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
landscapes (representations)*, New England*, New Hampshire*, Northeastern United States*, water, waterfalls*
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- New Hampshire - TGN 7007564
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- waterfalls - May be used for artificial waterfalls only if highly naturalistic in form and context; otherwise prefer "cascades" or "fountains." [February 1996 related term added. June 1993 scope note changed.]
- image Dimensions: 234 x 187 mm (9.2 x 7.4 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available
Anonymous, . Glen Ellis Falls, Pinkham Notch, N.H., ca. 1900-1920. Gelatin silver print. image : 234 x 187 mm (9.2 x 7.4 in.). DAC accession number 19184.108.40.2063. Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983.
Your search criteria: Objects is "Glen Ellis Falls, Pinkham Notch, N.H.".View current selection of records as: