Old Post Office, Broadway and Park Row
No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/16567
Old Post Office, Broadway and Park Rowca. 1938 (printed later)
235 x 188 mm (9.3 x 7.4 in.)
Berenice Abbott, American, (1898–1991)
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- post offices - Use for public buildings within a government postal system at which mail is received and sorted, from which it is distributed, and at which stamps are sold and other services rendered. [September 1990 scope note added.]
- texture - Use for visual and tactile surface characteristics and for the characteristic structure given to something by the size, shape, arrangement, and proportions of its parts. RHDEL2 [October 1992 descriptor moved; scope note changed.]
- image Dimensions: 235 x 188 mm (9.3 x 7.4 in.)
No open access image available
Berenice Abbott, American, (1898–1991) . Old Post Office, Broadway and Park Row, ca. 1938 (printed later). Gelatin silver print on photographic paper mounted on board. image : 235 x 188 mm (9.3 x 7.4 in.). Sheet : 429 x 355 mm (16.9 x 14 in.). DAC accession number 2010.20.1. Gift of Dr. George A. Violin, 2010.
Your search criteria: Objects is "Old Post Office, Broadway and Park Row".View current selection of records as: