No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/16580
Panama Hat1975 (printed 2009)
405 x 285 mm (15.9 x 11.2 in.)
Ralph Gibson, American, b. born 1939
- abstraction - Use for the general concept and approach. For the 20th-century movement and its products, use "Abstract." [April 1993 related term added.]
- clothing and dress - From TGM with ampersand: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm002198
- hats - Shaped coverings for the head having a brim and crown, or one of the two. [June 1995 related term added.]
- panama hats - Lightweight hats made of fine, pale straw with a molded ridge front to back across the crown; hand-plaited in Central and South America from the leaves of the jipijapa. Also, term used loosely for similar summer hats regardless of the type of straw.
- texture - Use for visual and tactile surface characteristics and for the characteristic structure given to something by the size, shape, arrangement, and proportions of its parts. RHDEL2 [October 1992 descriptor moved; scope note changed.]
No open access image available
Your search criteria: Objects is "Panama Hat".View current selection of records as: