Goltzius (after) - Metamorphoses
Photo Credit: photo: M. Johnston
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1733
Lycaon Changed into a Wolfca. 1589
176 x 254 mm (6.9 x 10 in.)
After Hendrick Goltzius, Dutch, (1558–1617)
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- illustration - The art or process of providing illustrations. [March 1993 lead-in term added. May 1991 scope note added.]
- illustrations - Representations or diagrams that clarify, usually accompanying a text, sometimes part of an advertisement. For works that explore a subject or are preliminary to a separate, more finalized work, use "studies (visual works)." [August 1995 alternate term changed, was 'illustration'. March 1993 descriptor moved. June 1992 scope note changed; lead-in term added.]
- literature (writings)
- nudes - Representations of unclothed human figures. [February 1998 related term added, "nudity"; alternate descriptor changed, was "nude". September 1990 descriptor added.]
- plate Dimensions: 176 x 254 mm (6.9 x 10 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Your search criteria: Image Group is "Goltzius (after) - Metamorphoses" and [Objects]Century is "16th century".View current selection of records as: