Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/17388
The Very Skillful Student of Falces, Wrapped in His Cape, Tricks the Bull with the Play of His Body (El Diestrísimo Estudiante de Falces, Embozado Burla al Toro con Sus Quiebros.1816
Francisco de Goya, Spanish, (1746–1828)
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- bullfighting - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm001419
- capes (outerwear) - Outer garments cut without sleeves and of varying length which fasten at the neck and fall loosely from the shoulders.
- human body - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm005208
- series (groups) - Use for related publications issued successively, especially those bearing a collective as well as an individual title; and, in the visual arts, for groups of works by a single artist having a specific and purposeful relation among the works. [March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'series'; alternate term added; descriptor moved. January 1991 scope note added.]
- sports - Use for games that involve a reasonable degree of individual skill and physical prowess. [June 1993 related term added. March 1993 scope note changed; related terms added; descriptor moved. February 1991 scope note added; alternate term added.]
- violence - The use of physical force so as to kill, injure, damage, or abuse. WCOL9 [February 1993 descriptor moved. May 1991 descriptor added.]
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Francisco de Goya, Spanish, (1746–1828) . The Very Skillful Student of Falces, Wrapped in His Cape, Tricks the Bull with the Play of His Body (El Diestrísimo Estudiante de Falces, Embozado Burla al Toro con Sus Quiebros., 1816. From The Art of Bullfighting (La Tauromaquia). Etching and aquatint. : mm (in.). DAC accession number 1949.D3.8.35. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1949. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "BLTG".View current selection of records as: