Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/17724
Lithographe. 60 Ans. 20 Ans.ca. 1830-1835
300 x 460 mm (11.8 x 18.1 in.)
Attributed to Henry Bonaventure Monnier, French, (1799-1805–1877)
- artists - Use specifically for people who produce work in the visual arts. For those in the performing arts, use "performing artists." [May 1995 related term added. February 1993 descriptor moved. November 1992 alternate term added.]
- caricatures - Use for representations, often portraits, that exaggerate certain features or characteristics to humorous or ludicrous effect. [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- humor - That quality in speech, writing, action, or situation that appeals to a sense of what is absurdly incongruous or amusing. [April 1998 scope note added; related term added, "humorists"; UK descriptor added, "humour"; UK alternate descriptor added, "humourous".]
- labor - Usage in the sense of physical work
- lithographers - Persons engaged in lithography. [March 1995 related terms added. April 1993 related term added. February 1993 descriptor moved. December 1992 alternate term added.]
- lithography - Planographic printing process in which a design is deposited on the stone or plate with a greasy substance and the surface is chemically treated to accept ink only in the greasy areas. [August 1996 alternate term added. March 1995 related term added. January 1993 related terms added. October 1991 scope note changed; descriptor moved.]
- working class - Class of persons employed for wages, usually at manual labor. W [November 1991 descriptor moved. September 1990 scope note added.]
- plate Dimensions: 300 x 460 mm (11.8 x 18.1 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Henry Bonaventure Monnier, French, (1799-1805–1877) . Lithographe. 60 Ans. 20 Ans., ca. 1830-1835. Pen-manner lithograph printed in black ink with hand-coloring on heavyweight off-white wove paper. plate : 300 x 460 mm (11.8 x 18.1 in.). Sheet : 300 x 460 mm (11.8 x 18.1 in.). DAC accession number 2013.25.1. Gift of James Bergquist in memory of Ellen G. D’Oench, 2013. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "BYGF".View current selection of records as: