No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/18027
Dining Room1968 (printed 2011)
219 x 326 mm (8.6 x 12.8 in.)
Danny Lyon, American, b. born 1942
- cafeterias - Self-service establishments providing prepared food and drinks from long counters for on-premise or immediate consumption. [March 1993 descriptor moved. June 1990 scope note added.]
- convicts - Use for those serving a prison sentence following conviction for a criminal offense. For those involuntarily confined in prison or kept in custody, use "prisoners." For those confined to an institutional facility voluntarily or involuntarily, use "inmates." [January 1993 alternate term added. February 1991 descriptor added.]
- dining rooms - Rooms in private houses or public establishments in which dinner and other principal meals are taken and which are furnished for this purpose. OED [March 1993 descriptor moved. June 1990 scope note added.]
- documentary photography - Use for an approach to photography in which the subject is recorded with an emphasis on factual accuracy and with a high degree of objectivity by the photographer; often of a newsworthy event. May be intended to record, and ultimately influence, social conditions. ICPEP
- prisons - Use for places of confinement and correction run by state or federal authorities for those adults convicted to sentences over one year for serious crimes; developed since the late 18th century and generally characterized by cell and corridor plans with separation by offense and sex, and programs of rehabilitation provided as means toward prisoner reform. Use "jails" for places for offenders sentenced either for lesser crimes or for terms up to one year.
- rooms - Use for the interior portions of buildings or other structures fully separated and divided off from the other portions by a floor, ceiling, and walls or partitions. [July 1994 scope note added. March 1993 descriptor moved.]
- Texas - TGN 7007826
- image Dimensions: 219 x 326 mm (8.6 x 12.8 in.)
No open access image available
Danny Lyon, American, b. born 1942 . Dining Room, 1968 (printed 2011). From Conversations with the Dead. Gelatin silver print. image : 219 x 326 mm (8.6 x 12.8 in.). Sheet : 276 x 354 mm (10.9 x 13.9 in.). DAC accession number 2014.14.80. Gift of Jamie Alter Lynton (BA Wesleyan 1981) and Michael Lynton, 2014.
Your search criteria: Objects is "Dining Room".View current selection of records as: