No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/18028
Education Department1968 (printed 2011)
328 x 218 mm (12.9 x 8.6 in.)
Danny Lyon, American, b. born 1942
- convicts - Use for those serving a prison sentence following conviction for a criminal offense. For those involuntarily confined in prison or kept in custody, use "prisoners." For those confined to an institutional facility voluntarily or involuntarily, use "inmates." [January 1993 alternate term added. February 1991 descriptor added.]
- documentary photography - Use for an approach to photography in which the subject is recorded with an emphasis on factual accuracy and with a high degree of objectivity by the photographer; often of a newsworthy event. May be intended to record, and ultimately influence, social conditions. ICPEP
- doorways - Denotes openings, which contain or could contain a door, that provide access into or out of building spaces. [March 1993 descriptor moved. August 1991 scope note changed.]
- education - Use for the discipline that concerns the entire process of imparting knowledge, attitudes, skills, or socially valued qualities of character or behavior. For the specific activities involved in deliberately conveying knowledge, skills, or social values to others, use "educating." ERIC12 [November 1995 related term deleted, was "educating"; related term added. May 1991 scope note added. April 1991 related term added. February 1991 alternate term added.]
- prisons - Use for places of confinement and correction run by state or federal authorities for those adults convicted to sentences over one year for serious crimes; developed since the late 18th century and generally characterized by cell and corridor plans with separation by offense and sex, and programs of rehabilitation provided as means toward prisoner reform. Use "jails" for places for offenders sentenced either for lesser crimes or for terms up to one year.
- Texas - TGN 7007826
- image Dimensions: 328 x 218 mm (12.9 x 8.6 in.)
No open access image available
Your search criteria: Objects is "Education Department".View current selection of records as: