No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/18030
Dog Boy1968 (printed 2011)
218 x 326 mm (8.6 x 12.8 in.)
Danny Lyon, American, b. born 1942
- convicts - Use for those serving a prison sentence following conviction for a criminal offense. For those involuntarily confined in prison or kept in custody, use "prisoners." For those confined to an institutional facility voluntarily or involuntarily, use "inmates." [January 1993 alternate term added. February 1991 descriptor added.]
- documentary photography - Use for an approach to photography in which the subject is recorded with an emphasis on factual accuracy and with a high degree of objectivity by the photographer; often of a newsworthy event. May be intended to record, and ultimately influence, social conditions. ICPEP
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness; for representations of fictional or mythological characters, use "figures (representations)." [March 1993 lead-in term added. April 1991 descriptor m
- prisons - Use for places of confinement and correction run by state or federal authorities for those adults convicted to sentences over one year for serious crimes; developed since the late 18th century and generally characterized by cell and corridor plans with separation by offense and sex, and programs of rehabilitation provided as means toward prisoner reform. Use "jails" for places for offenders sentenced either for lesser crimes or for terms up to one year.
- Texas - TGN 7007826
- wagons - Heavily constructed four-wheeled vehicles originally designed to carry bulk commodities and heavy loads, primarily in agricultural and commercial contexts, and generally characterized as boxes set on running gear; more substantial than carts; known since the 3rd millennium BCE. During the early 19th century some versions were adapted for passenger travel.
- image Dimensions: 218 x 326 mm (8.6 x 12.8 in.)
No open access image available
Danny Lyon, American, b. born 1942 . Dog Boy, 1968 (printed 2011). From Conversations with the Dead. Gelatin silver print. image : 218 x 326 mm (8.6 x 12.8 in.). Sheet : 277 x 354 mm (10.9 x 13.9 in.). DAC accession number 2014.14.83. Gift of Jamie Alter Lynton (BA Wesleyan 1981) and Michael Lynton, 2014.
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GXOB" and [Objects]Century is "20th century".View current selection of records as: