Stanza de venti nel teatro di Belvedere di Frascati con la famosa fontana del Monte Parnasso…
Photo Credit: photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/18665
Stanza de venti nel teatro di Belvedere di Frascati con la famosa fontana del Monte Parnasso…1691 or after
315 x 231 mm (12.4 x 9.1 in.)
Giovanni Battista Falda, Italian, (1643–1678)
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- fountains - Use for structures with apertures designed to allow water to spout or flow periodically or continuously, as for amenity or public access. [March 1995 scope note added; related term added.]
- Rome - TGN 7000874 (standard English name used here for this well-known city)
- rooms - Use for the interior portions of buildings or other structures fully separated and divided off from the other portions by a floor, ceiling, and walls or partitions. [July 1994 scope note added. March 1993 descriptor moved.]
- sculpture - Use for works of art in which images and forms are carried out primarily in three dimensions, especially those that retain the quality of being tangible objects or groups of objects. As works become more diffused in space or time, or less tangi
- plate Dimensions: 315 x 231 mm (12.4 x 9.1 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: J. Giammatteo) .