Olin Memorial Library
Photo Credit: photo: M. Cook
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/18877
Olin Memorial Library1928
480 x 350mm (18.9 x 13.8 in.)
Louis Orr, American, (1879–1966)
Object Type: print
Medium and Support: Etching on heavyweight wove paper
Series: Number from portfolio of eight etchings Wesleyan University: Eight Etchings by Louis Orr
Edition: From edition of ca. 100 portfolios of eight etchings.
Marks: Signed in pencil on portfolio cover and on each etching, lower right: “Louis Orr”
Bibliography: See Olin Library Special Collections for related biographical material.
Credit Line: Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1946
Accession Number: 1946.D1.154.7
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
architecture*, Connecticut*, libraries (buildings), New England*, Northeastern United States*, schools*, United States*, Wesleyan University
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- Connecticut - TGN 7007159
- libraries (buildings)
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- schools - Individual buildings or groups of buildings designed or used as places of instruction. [June 1998 lead-in terms added, "educational building", "building, educational", "school building", "building, school", "educational facility", "facility, educ
- United States - TGN 7012149
- Wesleyan University
- sheet Dimensions: 480 x 350mm (18.9 x 13.8 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available