Boston: West Broadway at Dorchester Avenue
Photo Credit: copy photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/20
Boston: West Broadway at Dorchester Avenue1934
187 x 240 mm (7.4 x 9.4 in.)
Berenice Abbott, American, (1898–1991)
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- Boston - TGN 7013445
- cities - Distinctions among villages, towns, and cities are relative and vary according to their individual regional contexts. Generally, cities designate large or important communities with population, status, and internal complexity greater than most towns in the region. [May 1996 related term added. January 1993 related term added.]
- Massachusetts - TGN 7007517
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- image Dimensions: 187 x 240 mm (7.4 x 9.4 in.)
No open access image available
Berenice Abbott, American, (1898–1991) . Boston: West Broadway at Dorchester Avenue, 1934. From American Cities before the Civil War: The Urban Vernacular of the Thirties, Forties, and Fifties. Gelatin silver print. image : 187 x 240 mm (7.4 x 9.4 in.). DAC accession number 19184.108.40.206. Commissioned by Wesleyan University with the assistance of the Carnegie Corporation, 1934. (copy photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Objects is "Boston: West Broadway at Dorchester Avenue".View current selection of records as: