Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/2651
Buoso Attacked by Francesco di Cavalcanti in the Form of a Serpent1826 (restrike printed later)
242 x 338 mm (9.5 x 13.3 in.)
William Blake, British (English), (1757–1827)
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- literature (writings)
- nudes - Representations of unclothed human figures. [February 1998 related term added, "nudity"; alternate descriptor changed, was "nude". September 1990 descriptor added.]
- restrikes - Impressions made from a printing surface or a die after the original edition or issue has been completed; refers especially to prints and to coins. [December 1992 descriptor added.]
- LC sh 85120309. Use for such creatures as sea serpents, etc.; for snakes, use “snakes” in DAC hierarchy
- plate Dimensions: 242 x 338 mm (9.5 x 13.3 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
William Blake, British (English), (1757–1827) . Buoso Attacked by Francesco di Cavalcanti in the Form of a Serpent, 1826 (restrike printed later). From Dante’s Inferno. Engraving on linen. Only state. plate : 242 x 338 mm (9.5 x 13.3 in.). DAC accession number 19188.8.131.52. Anonymous gift, 1973. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Your search criteria: Related to "William Blake" and [Objects]Display Artist is "William Blake".View current selection of records as: