Le Docteur Balouarde
Photo Credit: photo: M. Johnston
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/2835
Le Docteur Balouardeca. 1680-1690
263 x 186 mm (10.4 x 7.3 in.)
Nicolas Bonnart, French, (1636–1718)
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- medicine - Use generally for the study of human diseases and injuries, including their causes, treatment, and prevention, and with the diagnosis and management of patients. [July 1994 related term added. June 1994 scope note added; related term added. July 1993 descriptor moved. January 1991 alternate term added.]
- physicians - Practitioners of medicine in any of its branches, especially those licensed by the proper authorities. [July 1994 scope note added; related term added. December 1992 alternate term added. September 1990 lead-in term added.]
- theater (discipline) - Use for the professionally oriented study of theater, involving training, practice, and study in the processes of doing theater. For the academically oriented study of theater, use "drama." [August 1995 descriptor changed, was "theater". April 1993 related term added.]
- plate Dimensions: 263 x 186 mm (10.4 x 7.3 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Nicolas Bonnart, French, (1636–1718) . Le Docteur Balouarde, ca. 1680-1690. From Five Characters from the Commedia dell’Arte. Etching on laid paper. plate : 263 x 186 mm (10.4 x 7.3 in.). DAC accession number 19188.8.131.52. Theater Department and purchase funds, 1969. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Your search criteria: Objects is "Le Docteur Balouarde".View current selection of records as: