Photo Credit: copy photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/3251
New Yorkca. 1969
158 x 158 mm (6.2 x 6.2 in.)
Harry Callahan, American, (1912–1999)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Marks: Signed in pencil, lower right margin: “Harry Callahan”; signed in pencil on verso, lower right: “Harry Callahan”; inscribed in pencil on verso, lower center: “New York”; inscribed in pencil on verso, top right: “S-139 [checkmark]/New”; inscribed in pencil on verso, lower left: “BL 10336”; inscribed in pencil on verso, lower center: “S 139”
Bibliography: John Szarkowski, ed., Callahan (New York: Aperture, 1976), p. 139.
Credit Line: Gift of the Callahan Family, including Allison Hollinger (BA Wesleyan 2008), and Susan and Peter MacGill, in loving memory of Harry Callahan, 2008
Accession Number: 2008.20.2
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- abstraction - Use for the general concept and approach. For the 20th-century movement and its products, use "Abstract." [April 1993 related term added.]
- cityscapes - Use for creative works that depict settlements that may be considered cities. For creative works depicting settlements that may be considered towns, use "townscapes (representations)." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- skyscrapers - Use for exceptionally tall buildings of skeletal frame construction.
- image Dimensions: 158 x 158 mm (6.2 x 6.2 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available