No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/3255
223 x 226 mm (8.8 x 8.9 in.)
Harry Callahan, American, (1912–1999)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Marks: Signed in pencil, lower right margin: “Harry Callahan”; inscribed in pencil on verso, upper left: “11479”; inscribed in pencil on verso, upper right: “WE 43.3”
Credit Line: Gift of the Callahan Family, including Allison Hollinger (BA Wesleyan 2008), and Susan and Peter MacGill, in loving memory of Harry Callahan, 2008
Accession Number: 2008.20.6
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
beaches, Cape Cod*, dunes, footprints, Massachusetts*, New England*, Northeastern United States*, sand
- Cape Cod - TGN 7013542 (peninsula)
- Massachusetts - TGN 7007517
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- image Dimensions: 223 x 226 mm (8.8 x 8.9 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available