Delacroix - Faust
Photo Credit: photo: M. Johnston
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/4364
Portrait of Goethe1828
Eugène Delacroix, French, (1798–1863)
- early lithography
- Faust (character)
- Goethe (Johann Wolfgang von) - LC n 79003362: Goethe, Johann Wolfgang von, 1749-1832
- literature (writings)
- lithography - Planographic printing process in which a design is deposited on the stone or plate with a greasy substance and the surface is chemically treated to accept ink only in the greasy areas. [August 1996 alternate term added. March 1995 related term added. January 1993 related terms added. October 1991 scope note changed; descriptor moved.]
- portfolios (groups of works) - Use when a group of works is brought together such as to exemplify the work of an artist or student, or if the works (usually by one artist) are issued or housed together in a portfolio.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness; for representations of fictional or mythological characters, use "figures (representations)." [March 1993 lead-in term added. April 1991 descriptor m
- theater (discipline) - Use for the professionally oriented study of theater, involving training, practice, and study in the processes of doing theater. For the academically oriented study of theater, use "drama." [August 1995 descriptor changed, was "theater". April 1993 related term added.]
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Eugène Delacroix, French, (1798–1863) . Portrait of Goethe, 1828. From Faust. Lithograph. Third of four states. : mm (in.). DAC accession number 1944.D1.289.1. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1944. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Your search criteria: Image Group is "Delacroix - Faust".View current selection of records as: