Keeper’s Cottage, Amwell Magna Fishery
No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/5327
Keeper’s Cottage, Amwell Magna Fisheryca. 1888
123 x 199 mm (4.8 x 7.8 in.)
Peter Henry Emerson, British (English), (1856–1936)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Photogravure
Series: from The Compleat Angler
Edition: From a disbound volume of Izaak Walton’s The Compleat Angler with some missing plates; plates 2–28 of this edition of the book were by Peter Henry Emerson, with many others by G. Bankart
Marks: Signed on negative
Bibliography: MacMillan Biographical Encyclopedia of Photographic Artists and Innovators (1983), pp. 176–177; Nancy Newhall, P. H. Emerson: The Fight for Photography as a Fine Art (New York: Aperture, 1975).
Credit Line: Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983
Accession Number: 1918.104.22.168
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- cottages - A small house, usually of only one story. [January 1998 scope note added. July 1995 descriptor moved.]
- houses - Individual dwellings designed to be occupied by a single tenant or family. [July 1995 descriptor moved. March 1995 scope note added. November 1992 related term added.]
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- Pictorialist - Use with reference to the 19th-century movement in photography.
- image Dimensions: 123 x 199 mm (4.8 x 7.8 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available