No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/6105
Coal Pockets at New Bedford1876
220 x 146 mm (8.7 x 5.7 in.)
Robert Swain Gifford, American, (1840–1905)
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- New York Etching Club members
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- townscapes (representations) - Related Term
- plate Dimensions: 220 x 146 mm (8.7 x 5.7 in.)
No open access image available
Robert Swain Gifford, American, (1840–1905) . Coal Pockets at New Bedford, 1876. Etching printed in brown ink on laid paper. plate : 220 x 146 mm (8.7 x 5.7 in.). Sheet : 321 x 246 mm (12.6 x 9.7 in.). DAC accession number 1987.2.11. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892); Print Reference Library transfer, 1987.
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GXVQ" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Robert Swain Gifford".View current selection of records as: