No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/6127
The Delta of the Rio Grande1948
224 x 332 mm (8.8 x 13.1 in.)
Laura Gilpin, American, (1891–1979)
- aerial photographs - Use for photographs of the earth taken from aircraft. For photographs taken from beyond the earth's atmosphere, use "space photographs." For photographs of celestial bodies or astronomical phenomena, use "astrophotographs." [April 1992 descriptor moved.]
- aerial views - Use to designate views achieved by photographing from an aircraft or other high location. When emphasizing the photograph itself, use "aerial photographs." For nonphotographic depictions having high viewpoints, use "bird's-eye views" or "bird's-eye perspectives." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- deltas - Alluvial deposits at the mouths of rivers commonly forming nearly flat, fan-shaped plains of considerable area traversed by many separate branches of water. W
- geology - Science that deals with the physical history of the earth, the rocks of which it is composed, and the physical changes which it has undergone and is undergoing. RHDEL2 [June 1994 related term added. July 1993 descriptor moved. April 1993 related term added. December 1992 descriptor moved. February 1991 alternate term added.]
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- Texas - TGN 7007826
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
- image Dimensions: 224 x 332 mm (8.8 x 13.1 in.)
No open access image available
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GLUZ".View current selection of records as: