Goya - The Art of Bullfighting (La Tauromaquia)
Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/6476
The Spirited Moor Gazul Is the First to Spear Bulls According to the Rules (El Animoso Moro Gazul es el Primero que Lanceó Toros en Regla)1816
Francisco de Goya, Spanish, (1746–1828)
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- bullfighting - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm001419
- series (groups) - Use for related publications issued successively, especially those bearing a collective as well as an individual title; and, in the visual arts, for groups of works by a single artist having a specific and purposeful relation among the works. [March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'series'; alternate term added; descriptor moved. January 1991 scope note added.]
- sports - Use for games that involve a reasonable degree of individual skill and physical prowess. [June 1993 related term added. March 1993 scope note changed; related terms added; descriptor moved. February 1991 scope note added; alternate term added.]
- violence - The use of physical force so as to kill, injure, damage, or abuse. WCOL9 [February 1993 descriptor moved. May 1991 descriptor added.]
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .