Northern New England Barn
Photo Credit: photo: M. Cook
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/6587
Northern New England Barn1936
152 x 202 mm (6 x 8 in.)
Samuel Magee Green, II, American, (1909–1995)
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- barns - Agricultural buildings with large, usually sliding doors, prominent roofs, and predominantly open spaces on the interior, primarily used as storage buildings for hay, grains, and farm equipment and shelters for livestock; does not include those structures, often termed barns, used for the processing of food and other agricultural produce, such as hop barns and tobacco barns.
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- image Dimensions: 152 x 202 mm (6 x 8 in.)
No open access image available
Samuel Magee Green, II, American, (1909–1995) . Northern New England Barn, 1936. Wood engraving on Asian wove paper. image : 152 x 202 mm (6 x 8 in.). Sheet : 198 x 280 mm (7.8 x 11 in.). DAC accession number 1984.5.27. Gift of the artist (Professor of Art, 1948–1971), 1984. (photo: M. Cook) .
Your search criteria: Objects is "Northern New England Barn".View current selection of records as: