Eastport Looking across to Campobello, Maine
Photo Credit: photo: M. Cook
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/6588
Eastport Looking across to Campobello, Maine1936
145 x 216 mm (5.7 x 8.5 in.)
Samuel Magee Green, II, American, (1909–1995)
- harbors - Designates well-sheltered inlets of water affording protection from wind and sea and sufficient depth to allow anchorage for vessels.
- Maine - TGN 7007515
- marine views - Use For Term
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- image Dimensions: 145 x 216 mm (5.7 x 8.5 in.)
No open access image available
Samuel Magee Green, II, American, (1909–1995) . Eastport Looking across to Campobello, Maine, 1936. Lithograph on wove paper. image : 145 x 216 mm (5.7 x 8.5 in.). Sheet : 160 x 235 mm (6.3 x 9.3 in.). DAC accession number 1984.5.28. Gift of the artist (Professor of Art, 1948–1971), 1984. (photo: M. Cook) .
Your search criteria: Objects is "Eastport Looking across to Campobello, Maine".View current selection of records as: