Quarry, Rockport, Mass.
Photo Credit: photo: M. Cook
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/6591
Quarry, Rockport, Mass.1937-1938
214 x 270 mm (8.4 x 10.6 in.)
Samuel Magee Green, II, American, (1909–1995)
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- Massachusetts - TGN 7007517
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- rock - Naturally formed aggregate of one or more minerals. For processed or dressed rock use "stone." [January 1996 alternate term added. February 1992 descriptor moved. December 1991 scope note added.]
- plate Dimensions: 214 x 270 mm (8.4 x 10.6 in.)
No open access image available
Your search criteria: Objects is "Quarry, Rockport, Mass.".View current selection of records as: