South County Farm
No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/6604
South County Farmca. 1970-1971
560 x 760 mm (22 x 29.9 in.)
Samuel Magee Green, II, American, (1909–1995)
- farms - Complexes where plants or animals are raised for livelihood or commerce. [March 1993 lead-in term added. September 1991 scope note added. May 1991 related term added.]
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- Rhode Island - TGN 7007711
- image Dimensions: 560 x 760 mm (22 x 29.9 in.)
No open access image available
Samuel Magee Green, II, American, (1909–1995) . South County Farm, ca. 1970-1971. Watercolor and gouache on paper. image : 560 x 760 mm (22 x 29.9 in.). DAC accession number 2002.15.1. Gift of Russell G. and Ellen G. D’Oench (BA Wesleyan 1973, Trustee 1977–1979, DAC Curator 1979–1998), 2002.
Your search criteria: Objects is "South County Farm".View current selection of records as: